Sunday 29 April 2012

"ox"

wod:
15 mins to find 1rm hang power clean=92.5kg
then
"ox"
5rds for time of
5 thrusters bodyweight (70kg)
5 deadlifts double bodyweight (140kg) (scaled to 130kg rd 1,2/120kg rd 3,4,5 for me)
time=13:10

Sick, Sick, Sick workout. got this off strongman wod, originally meant to be axle deadlifts. the thrusters felt really good, all 5 the first rd, then 2+3 for most of others but last round had to do 1+2+2. The deadlifts started to kill my back! fuck, i am getting so so frustrated with them i feel really good and then as soon as i cool down after the wod my back seizes up and i struggle with any flexion movements. DAMN.
The "hang power clean came about from inspiration of regionals wod 2. I was wondering if i could do the 225pounds hang clean required in the wod. I could not. However im sure i could squat clean it, however it would be loads more taxing and all the best performers are power cleaning the thing like no worries.
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment